Villa Nardi is placed a few km from Lucca. In 1782 the property was purchased by the marquis Aurelio Mansi, ambassador of the Republic of Lucca. The currently owners bought the villa in 1969. The building is surrounded by gardens placed on three levels. In front of the main façade there are two gardens, surrounded by high stone walls. In the higher garden there is a marble-stone well and a secular camellia tree of the second half of the 18th century, considered one of the largest and oldest of Europe; this tree has a spherical shape, pink flowers, and is about 8 m tall and wide; this cultivar is called “Diamantina”.